Bitter sweet moments as a stay home mother...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's for dinner?

One thing I hate the most is to think of what to cook for the family...most of the time I'll open the fridge, stare at the content and try to figure out what can I cook out of the ingredients available...
and most of the time my mind would go blank..can't think of anything at all..

Nasi? Hmmm everyday nasi...want to eat out, so lazy to get dressed and drag the kids out of the house..must think of anything simple..suddenly thought of Jamie Oliver cooking show and remembered how easy for him cook the roasted chicken. But I don't have whole chicken in my fridge! Well then, roasted chicken to be postponed for tomorrow..for now it got to be nasi again... since all my energy has been consumed on thinking what to cook,so masak nasi goreng jelah..


The next day went to nearest fresh market to get the whole chicken...my instruction to the Bangla at the market "kasi ayam seekor..tak mau potong". Five minutes after that the Bangla past me a plastic bag with the chicken inside. Man!!! the head and feet are still there! God..luckily I saw it, otherwise I have to chop them myself, which I don't think I have the guts to do it...can't imagine cooking the roasted chicken complete with the head & feet... even JO will faint!!

Still can't believe how easy Jamie Oliver made it..so I'm going to try it and share it with you
Recipe for roasted chicken

Ingredients

Whole chicken - without head & feet!!!
1/2 lemon
1 head garlic - cut the top
5 cloves garlic - mince finely (or tumbuk)
25gm butter
1tbs olive oil
rosemary

To prepare
Heat the oven to 190 degree C

Clean the chicken (empty the stomach)
wipe the chicken with clean towel
place the chicken in the roasting plate
Stuff the chicken with half lemon & garlic
Rub the chicken with butter - cover all surface
Rub the chicken with olive oil
Spread evenly the mince garlic on the chicken
Sprinkle some rosemary all over the chicken.

That's it..the chicken is ready to be roasted.

Roast for 1 hour..after 1 hour, take out the chicken and check if it's well cooked. Cut a bit at the chicken wing and see if there's no juice, the chicken is almost ready..to be safe, roast the chicken for another 20-30 minutes.





So what's for dinner tomorrow?????

No comments:

Post a Comment